Sunday, June 14, 2009

SPANISH SUNSHINE

Over the past couple of weeks I was missing out on the Seattle sunshine but I was fortunate to be traveling across the wonderful country of Spain. I enjoyed the great people and very pleasant weather.

I spent some time in Madrid and Barcelona, but I seem to be most captivated by the smaller towns. In Toledo some of the narrow lanes had canvas stretched out overhead to provide a little relief from the midday sunshine.



Tarifa in the southernmost point in Spain is famous for its wind. Kitesurfers swarm the beaches in the summer. This kitesurfer was harnessing wind on the Atlantic Ocean. Behind the land in the distance are the Mediterranean and the Strait of Gibraltar.



I took a day trip to Tangier, Morocco from Tarifa and enjoyed the blue sky behind the whitewashed buildings.




And a perfect end to the day in Ibiza.

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome picture...it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Looks like it was a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete